Mayes McEntire, DMD, MS
Endodontist in Columbia, SC
Dr. Mayes McEntire grew up in Newberry, South Carolina, and graduated with honors from Presbyterian College. He completed Dental School at the Medical University of South Carolina and then attended The Ohio State University where he received his Specialty Certificate in Endodontics and his Masters of Science.
While at Ohio State, he completed extensive clinical research involving local anesthesia and is committed to providing pain-free endodontic procedures for his patients.
Dr. McEntire returned to South Carolina in 2009 to join Palmetto Endodontics and has performed thousands of endodontic procedures.
- The Ohio State University: Certificate in Endodontics and Masters of Science, 2009
- The Medical University of South Carolina: DMD, 2007
- Presbyterian College: BS Biology, 2003
- Palmetto Endodontics, LLC, Columbia, SC: Endodontist (2009 – Present)
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Dental Association
- South Carolina Dental Association
- South Carolina Association of Endodontists
- Greater Columbia Dental Association
- MUSC, College of Dental Medicine Alumni Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Alumni Association
- Spear Study Group
- Anesthetic Efficacy of 4% Articaine with 1:100,000 Epinephrine versus 4% Articaine with 1:200,000 Epinephrine as a Primary Buccal Infiltration in the Mandibular First Molar Mayes McEntire DMD, MS, John Nusstein DMD, MS, Melissa Drum DMD, MS, Al Reader DMD, MS, Mike Beck DDS, MA. Journal of Endodontics Vol. 37 Issue 4, p.450-454.
Activities & Interests
Dr. McEntire and his family reside in Lexington. When he is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, following college athletics and boating.
Are You Ready for a Great Experience to Save a Tooth and Improve Your Smile?
Contact Dr. McEntire with any questions or to schedule an appointment to improve your oral health today!
This was the best dentist experience I had and I have no pain at all!!
- Letia V
Dr. McIntire far exceeded my expectations with his knowledge/expertise and gentle approach to care! Highly recommend him for endodontic care. The experience with Dr. McIntire was vastly different from my past experience with root canal therapy!!
- Dr, Caroline B
This dental practice has been a pleasure to do business with. Let’s face it, no one wants to be at the dentist but Dr Mayes and his staff had a good chair side manner. He made sure I was comfortable during the procedure and compassionate with the post procedure care. I like that the practice calls the next day to check on their patients. I love the Montana themed office. This is the only place I will go for root canals. Job well done
- Michael H