April K. Spitz, DMD, MSD
Endodontist in Columbia, SC
Dr. April Spitz is a native of Bamberg, SC and graduated from the University of South Carolina, with a Bachelor of Science in Biology. She continued her education at the Medical University of South Carolina, James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine earning a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD).
During her preclinical and clinical training, she developed a passion for the specialty of endodontics. After completing her DMD, she attended the Medical University of South Carolina where she earned her Specialty Certificate in Endodontics and Master of Science in Dentistry.
Dr. Spitz strives to provide compassionate and expert care utilizing her knowledge and today’s advanced micro-endodontic techniques.
- Medical University of South Carolina: Certificate in Endodontics & Master of Science in Dentistry, 2014
- Medical University of South Carolina: DMD, 2012
- University of South Carolina: BS Biology, 2007
- Palmetto Endodontics, LLC, Columbia SC: Owner/Endodontist (2014 – Present)
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Dental Association
- Dental Divas Study Club
- Greater Columbia Dental Association
- MUSC, College of Dental Medicine Alumni Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Alumni Association
- South Carolina Association of Endodontists (Former President)
- South Carolina Dental Association
- Spear Study Club
Activities & interests
During her free time, Dr. Spitz enjoys volunteering in the community, watching college football, and spending time with her family and friends. She and her husband, Ricky, and their two children, reside in Columbia, SC.
Are You Ready for a Great Experience to Save a Tooth and Improve Your Smile?
Contact Dr. Spitz with any questions or to schedule an appointment to improve your oral health today!
They all was awesome
- Jeanette M
Outstanding !! Referred by my dentist for evaluation. Required root canal, my first and was terrified from stories I had heard. Dr Spitz immediately took time to explain the procedure & calm my fears. Procedure went so smoothly & NO PAIN, during or after. 3 weeks later another questionable tooth went viral and again Dr. Spitz came to the rescue. Not only did she see me immediately, but stayed late, with incredible staff to perform another amazing root canal. Words cannot express my overwhelming thanks to Dr Spitz & incredible staff. Do not hesitate seeking treatment for a professional & caring experience.
- Margaret C
I was nervous because i had to get two root canals done but doctor spitz took care of me and made my procedure quick and easy. I would definitely recommend her to anyone because she is awesome🥰. Definitely coming back for anything else i need
- Olana H