Todd R. Barrett, DMD
Endodontist in Columbia, SC
Dr. Todd Barrett is originally from Boiling Springs, SC. He remained in Spartanburg and attended Wofford College.
After graduating first in his Dental School class from the Medical University of South Carolina, Dr. Barrett completed his residency at the University of Maryland then returned to South Carolina to practice.
He started Palmetto Endodontics in 2001 and has completed over 30,000 procedures.
Dr. Barrett has been continually rated as a top endodontist in the Columbia area.
Ready to Schedule Your Appointment with Dr. Barrett?
Call Forest Drive Phone Number 803-782-7722 to Schedule Your Appointment!
- The University of Maryland Dental School: Certificate in Endodontics, 2000
- The Medical University of South Carolina: DMD, 1998 (First Honor Graduate)
- Wofford College: BS Biology, 1994
- Palmetto Endodontics, LLC, Columbia, SC: Owner/Endodontist (2001 – Present)
- Spartanburg Endodontic Associates, Spartanburg, SC: Associate Endodontist (2000-2001)
- Faculty (part-time) Appointment: Medical University of South Carolina, College of Dental Medicine (2000 – Present)
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Dental Association
- Central District Dental Society
- Greater Columbia Dental Association (Board of Directors 2007-2011)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (Fellow)
- Mid-Carolina Study Academy (Former President)
- MUSC, College of Dental Medicine Alumni Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Alumni Association
- Psi Omega Alumni Association (former Assistant Deputy Counselor; University of MD)
- Southern Endodontic Study Group
- South Carolina Association of Endodontists (Former President)
- South Carolina Dental Association
- South Carolina LLR Dental Board (Endodontic Specialty Exam Proctor)
- Wofford College Alumni Association
Activities & Interests
Dr. Barrett and his wife, Crystal, have two sons and reside in northeast Columbia. When he is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, fishing, hunting and being outdoors.
Ready to Schedule an Appointment?
Contact us today to get quality care from one of our Endodontists!Meet the DoctorsSchedule an AppointmentOffice Locations
I had not had a root canal in many years and the last one was traumatic, I was terrified. Dr. Barrett and his staff were so great. During the procedure he and his assistant were such a well oiled machine that he only asked her for anything specific twice. And the front office staff even turned up the A/C when I mentioned that I had forgotten my sweater, and they brought me a blanket to the procedure room! I could not have asked for a better experience.
- Georgia H
Dr. Barrett definitely knows what he is doing! He made sure that I was comfortable throughout my procedure - I can't believe that I had a "painless root canal!" I was nervous ahead of time, but am very pleased with the overall experience. I hope that I do not need more root canals, but I know that I will be returning to Dr. Barrett if I do!
- Tom E