Mayes McEntire, DMD, MS
Endodontist in Columbia, SC
Dr. Mayes McEntire grew up in Newberry, South Carolina, and graduated with honors from Presbyterian College. He completed Dental School at the Medical University of South Carolina and then attended The Ohio State University where he received his Specialty Certificate in Endodontics and his Masters of Science.
While at Ohio State, he completed extensive clinical research involving local anesthesia and is committed to providing pain free endodontic procedures for his patients.
Dr. McEntire returned to South Carolina in 2009 to join Palmetto Endodontics and has performed thousands of endodontic procedures.
Ready to Schedule Your Appointment with Dr. McEntire?
Call Forest Drive Phone Number 803-782-7722 to Schedule Your Appointment!
- The Ohio State University: Certificate in Endodontics and Masters of Science, 2009
- The Medical University of South Carolina: DMD, 2007
- Presbyterian College: BS Biology, 2003
- Palmetto Endodontics, LLC, Columbia, SC: Endodontist (2009 – Present)
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Dental Association
- South Carolina Dental Association
- South Carolina Association of Endodontists
- Greater Columbia Dental Association
- MUSC, College of Dental Medicine Alumni Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Alumni Association
- Spear Study Group
- Anesthetic Efficacy of 4% Articaine with 1:100,000 Epinephrine versus 4% Articaine with 1:200,000 Epinephrine as a Primary Buccal Infiltration in the Mandibular First Molar Mayes McEntire DMD, MS, John Nusstein DMD, MS, Melissa Drum DMD, MS, Al Reader DMD, MS, Mike Beck DDS, MA. Journal of Endodontics Vol. 37 Issue 4, p.450-454.
Activities & Interests
Dr. McEntire and his family reside in Lexington. When he is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, following college athletics and boating.
Ready to Schedule an Appointment?
Contact us today to get quality care from one of our Endodontists!Meet the DoctorsSchedule an AppointmentOffice Locations
As a patient in her 70s I had reservations about my first endodontic procedure. However, I was extremely pleased with care provided by Dr. McEntire and the staff at Palmetto Endondontics. The procedure was painless and it was obvious both Dr. McEntire and all staff members were well trained, very experienced, very professional, and the treatment I received was rendered with care and gentleness. It was a good experience and I can highly recommend Palmetto Endodontics to anyone seeking endodontic treatment.
- Suzanne W
Thank you for excellent service.
- Catherine F
Dr. McIntire is absolutely wonderful. The staff is so friendly and accommodating that it made the entire experience so easy and painless. I wouldn't recommend going anywhere else!!
- Crystal E