April K. Spitz, DMD, MSD
Endodontist in Columbia, SC
Dr. April Spitz is a native of Bamberg, SC and graduated from the University of South Carolina, with a Bachelor of Science in Biology. She continued her education at the Medical University of South Carolina, James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine earning a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD).
During her preclinical and clinical training, she developed a passion for the specialty of endodontics. After completing her DMD, she attended the Medical University of South Carolina where she earned her Specialty Certificate in Endodontics and Master of Science in Dentistry.
Dr. Spitz strives to provide compassionate and expert care utilizing her knowledge and today’s advanced micro-endodontic techniques.
- Medical University of South Carolina: Certificate in Endodontics & Master of Science in Dentistry, 2014
- Medical University of South Carolina: DMD, 2012
- University of South Carolina: BS Biology, 2007
- Palmetto Endodontics, LLC, Columbia SC: Owner/Endodontist (2014 – Present)
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Dental Association
- Dental Divas Study Club
- Greater Columbia Dental Association
- MUSC, College of Dental Medicine Alumni Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Alumni Association
- South Carolina Association of Endodontists (Former President)
- South Carolina Dental Association
- Spear Study Club
Activities & interests
During her free time, Dr. Spitz enjoys volunteering in the community, watching college football, and spending time with her family and friends. She and her husband, Ricky, and their two children, reside in Columbia, SC.
Are You Ready for a Great Experience to Save a Tooth and Improve Your Smile?
Contact Dr. Spitz with any questions or to schedule an appointment to improve your oral health today!
overall good experience
- Mike H
I was comfortable during whole procedure, also very quick.
- Ashleigh T
I am writing a review on having a root canal with mixed feelings. I had one prior to Dr. Spitz and I was in horrible pain. I went to Dr. Spitz and i was very anxious. I have a problem with a very strong gag reflex when they do X-rays. I told her about this and they tried 3 times with no success. She then did a process that had never been done on me. She gave me a small shot of sedative and came back five minutes later and put the x ray in my mouth and I was able to hold it no problem. She also gave me a dixie cup of coke because i was shaking and it raised my blood sugar. In five minutes I was ready to have the procedure. She not only took care of my tooth she took care of my anxiety and my diabetic reaction by slightly raising my blood sugar. I go to see her again in a few weeks and I look forward to seeing one of the best Endodontist I have ever seen. She is also a very sweet and soft hearted lady and has a great chairside manner.
- Charles Y