Todd R. Barrett, DMD
Endodontist in Columbia, SC
Dr. Todd Barrett is originally from Boiling Springs, SC. He remained in Spartanburg and attended Wofford College.
After graduating first in his Dental School class from the Medical University of South Carolina, Dr. Barrett completed his residency at the University of Maryland then returned to South Carolina to practice.
He started Palmetto Endodontics in 2001 and has completed over 30,000 procedures.
Dr. Barrett has been continually rated as a top endodontist in the Columbia area.
Ready to Schedule Your Appointment with Dr. Barrett?
Call Forest Drive Phone Number 803-782-7722 to Schedule Your Appointment!
- The University of Maryland Dental School: Certificate in Endodontics, 2000
- The Medical University of South Carolina: DMD, 1998 (First Honor Graduate)
- Wofford College: BS Biology, 1994
- Palmetto Endodontics, LLC, Columbia, SC: Owner/Endodontist (2001 – Present)
- Spartanburg Endodontic Associates, Spartanburg, SC: Associate Endodontist (2000-2001)
- Faculty (part-time) Appointment: Medical University of South Carolina, College of Dental Medicine (2000 – Present)
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Dental Association
- Central District Dental Society
- Greater Columbia Dental Association (Board of Directors 2007-2011)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (Fellow)
- Mid-Carolina Study Academy (Former President)
- MUSC, College of Dental Medicine Alumni Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Alumni Association
- Psi Omega Alumni Association (former Assistant Deputy Counselor; University of MD)
- Southern Endodontic Study Group
- South Carolina Association of Endodontists (Former President)
- South Carolina Dental Association
- South Carolina LLR Dental Board (Endodontic Specialty Exam Proctor)
- Wofford College Alumni Association
Activities & Interests
Dr. Barrett and his wife, Crystal, have two sons and reside in northeast Columbia. When he is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, fishing, hunting and being outdoors.
This has been one of the best dental experiences I have ever had. Dr. Barrett took care of my pain in less tan an hour!
- bart p
I had same day emergency visit because of pain. Very thankful that Dr. Barrett was able to see me today.
- Abigial r
My root canal by Dr. Barrett was quick and easy!
- mary g
I was in terrible pain with an very bad abscessed tooth and a root canal to follow. Dr. Barrett and his staff allowed me to come in earlier than appt and took care of me and the pain. I came back for the root canal and all went well. Very professional!
- William M
- john m
I would not trust this procedure to anyone else but Dr. Barrett.
- Stella E
I expected a root canal to come with a lot of pain but my experience was completely painless. I absolutely will return if I have any future procedures and highly recommend to anyone that might be considering a procedure.
- David S
No doubt about coming back
- Asia B
I had a great experience with Dr. Barrett. Painless!!!
- phyllis d
This was easier than a filling! Dr. barrett was geat!
- Susie H
- arthur m
This was the best root canal procedure I've ever had.
- Rachel H
Not having had much dental work in general, I had some apprehension regarding a root canal. I found it to be as good an experience as could be for something new. Staff and doctor were great and it felt like the whole process was quick and effortless.
- Matt G
Dr. Barrett & staff are amazing! I am so grateful for their services!
- Jennifer B
most pleasant experience
- virginia D
I found everyone in this office to be very kind and professional. From the moment you walk in you are treated very well. I've had Dr. Barrett to perform 3 root canals for me, and I have been very pleased with his work. He is a very caring and good Doctor. I would advise anyone needing these services to choose Palmetto Endodontics! I've been a patient of theirs since 2014.
- Janet L
I was recommended for a root canal by my general doctor. Palmetto Edodontist did an excellent job seeing me right away. The procedure was painless and was done in a timely manner. I highly recommend Dr. Barrett for anyone who needs a root canal.
- DOLORES R
Very professional procedure done by confident and knowledgeable staff. I was a walk in patient with sharp tooth pain somewhere and was diagnosed quickly. Walked out ready to begin a week long vacation without worry. Thanks!
- wayne j
I was very comfortable during entire procedure. Dr. Was very personable.
- francis m
I finally found someone who could numb me! I was the best!
- Tina H