Mayes McEntire, DMD, MS
Endodontist in Columbia, SC
Dr. Mayes McEntire grew up in Newberry, South Carolina, and graduated with honors from Presbyterian College. He completed Dental School at the Medical University of South Carolina and then attended The Ohio State University where he received his Specialty Certificate in Endodontics and his Masters of Science.
While at Ohio State, he completed extensive clinical research involving local anesthesia and is committed to providing pain free endodontic procedures for his patients.
Dr. McEntire returned to South Carolina in 2009 to join Palmetto Endodontics and has performed thousands of endodontic procedures.
Ready to Schedule Your Appointment with Dr. McEntire?
Call Forest Drive Phone Number 803-782-7722 to Schedule Your Appointment!
- The Ohio State University: Certificate in Endodontics and Masters of Science, 2009
- The Medical University of South Carolina: DMD, 2007
- Presbyterian College: BS Biology, 2003
- Palmetto Endodontics, LLC, Columbia, SC: Endodontist (2009 – Present)
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Dental Association
- South Carolina Dental AssociationSouth Carolina Association of Endodontists
- South Carolina Association of Endodontists
- Greater Columbia Dental Association
- MUSC, College of Dental Medicine Alumni Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Alumni Association
- Spear Study Group
- Anesthetic Efficacy of 4% Articaine with 1:100,000 Epinephrine versus 4% Articaine with 1:200,000 Epinephrine as a Primary Buccal Infiltration in the Mandibular First Molar Mayes McEntire DMD, MS, John Nusstein DMD, MS, Melissa Drum DMD, MS, Al Reader DMD, MS, Mike Beck DDS, MA. Journal of Endodontics Vol. 37 Issue 4, p.450-454.
Activities & Interests
Dr. McEntire and his family reside in Lexington. When he is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, following college athletics and boating.
I have had at least 3 prior root canals. Today was my first where I started falling asleep ! Painless, as most root canals are (unless abscess is there, then you have pain) In this case , the way the Dr and tech work together is what makes the technique go quicker and without making you nervous. Being asked how you are , often, means alot to me.
- Ruthie H
The moment I walked into the office the staff was so friendly. I want to thank Dr McEntire for fitting me in on his lunch break to do my root canal. I had been in severe pain for days and the moment I went into the office he fit me in on his lunch break. Thank you so much!
- Crystal L
Dr. McEntire at Palmetto Endodontics was amazing. I would recommend Dr. McEntire to anyone that needs a root canal!
- barbara b