Mayes McEntire, DMD, MS
Endodontist in Columbia, SC
Dr. Mayes McEntire grew up in Newberry, South Carolina, and graduated with honors from Presbyterian College. He completed Dental School at the Medical University of South Carolina and then attended The Ohio State University where he received his Specialty Certificate in Endodontics and his Masters of Science.
While at Ohio State, he completed extensive clinical research involving local anesthesia and is committed to providing pain free endodontic procedures for his patients.
Dr. McEntire returned to South Carolina in 2009 to join Palmetto Endodontics and has performed thousands of endodontic procedures.
Ready to Schedule Your Appointment with Dr. McEntire?
Call Forest Drive Phone Number 803-782-7722 to Schedule Your Appointment!
- The Ohio State University: Certificate in Endodontics and Masters of Science, 2009
- The Medical University of South Carolina: DMD, 2007
- Presbyterian College: BS Biology, 2003
- Palmetto Endodontics, LLC, Columbia, SC: Endodontist (2009 – Present)
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Dental Association
- South Carolina Dental AssociationSouth Carolina Association of Endodontists
- South Carolina Association of Endodontists
- Greater Columbia Dental Association
- MUSC, College of Dental Medicine Alumni Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Alumni Association
- Spear Study Group
- Anesthetic Efficacy of 4% Articaine with 1:100,000 Epinephrine versus 4% Articaine with 1:200,000 Epinephrine as a Primary Buccal Infiltration in the Mandibular First Molar Mayes McEntire DMD, MS, John Nusstein DMD, MS, Melissa Drum DMD, MS, Al Reader DMD, MS, Mike Beck DDS, MA. Journal of Endodontics Vol. 37 Issue 4, p.450-454.
Activities & Interests
Dr. McEntire and his family reside in Lexington. When he is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, following college athletics and boating.
Dr Mcentire was absolutely amazing. He was very kind and compassionate. Most improved gentle!!! This was my second root canal with him and I would highly recommend him. Thank you so much Doc for you and your staff. You truly made my experience way more comfortable!!!!
- Angela S
Wow! I am in complete awe of the kindness and professionalism shown to me by Dr McEntire and his staff. I am an RN, so of course I am in observation mode of everything. I could tell that the care and concern were genuine. I was extremely nervous but everything was explained to me from start to finish! He tells you what he’s doing and constantly ask if you’re ok, which is extremely comforting...and that dreaded needle, not bad at all! If I ever need another root canal...I am certainly going back there and will tell everyone I know...”Dr McEntire, is who you need to see”!
- Nancy H
my overall experience with Dr.McEntire was definitely one of the best visit that I've ever experience at any dentist office from Ga to South Carolina. My mouth had severe nerve Faith, and reassurance, along with his awesome staff , I made it through. "Thank You Lord I Survived."
- Tia B