Mayes McEntire, DMD, MS
Endodontist in Columbia, SC
Dr. Mayes McEntire grew up in Newberry, South Carolina, and graduated with honors from Presbyterian College. He completed Dental School at the Medical University of South Carolina and then attended The Ohio State University where he received his Specialty Certificate in Endodontics and his Masters of Science.
While at Ohio State, he completed extensive clinical research involving local anesthesia and is committed to providing pain free endodontic procedures for his patients.
Dr. McEntire returned to South Carolina in 2009 to join Palmetto Endodontics and has performed thousands of endodontic procedures.
Ready to Schedule Your Appointment with Dr. McEntire?
Call Forest Drive Phone Number 803-782-7722 to Schedule Your Appointment!
- The Ohio State University: Certificate in Endodontics and Masters of Science, 2009
- The Medical University of South Carolina: DMD, 2007
- Presbyterian College: BS Biology, 2003
- Palmetto Endodontics, LLC, Columbia, SC: Endodontist (2009 – Present)
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Dental Association
- South Carolina Dental AssociationSouth Carolina Association of Endodontists
- South Carolina Association of Endodontists
- Greater Columbia Dental Association
- MUSC, College of Dental Medicine Alumni Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Alumni Association
- Spear Study Group
- Anesthetic Efficacy of 4% Articaine with 1:100,000 Epinephrine versus 4% Articaine with 1:200,000 Epinephrine as a Primary Buccal Infiltration in the Mandibular First Molar Mayes McEntire DMD, MS, John Nusstein DMD, MS, Melissa Drum DMD, MS, Al Reader DMD, MS, Mike Beck DDS, MA. Journal of Endodontics Vol. 37 Issue 4, p.450-454.
Activities & Interests
Dr. McEntire and his family reside in Lexington. When he is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, following college athletics and boating.
overall experience was great, everyone in the office and doctor made me feel comfortable and my procedure went more smoothly then anticipated. Thank you all for everything!
- Meaghan F
No one enjoys the root canal process; however, if you need one go to Palmetto Endodonitics. All of their staff members are professional, skillful and caring. Dr McEntire was excellent. I feel fine one day after the procedure. No pain or soreness. I would recommend you make an appointment with them or ask your primary dentist to refer you to their practice if you need any of their services.
- Jane S
They were"THE BEST"LOVED THEM..
- Myra S