Mayes McEntire, DMD, MS
Endodontist in Columbia, SC
Dr. Mayes McEntire grew up in Newberry, South Carolina, and graduated with honors from Presbyterian College. He completed Dental School at the Medical University of South Carolina and then attended The Ohio State University where he received his Specialty Certificate in Endodontics and his Masters of Science.
While at Ohio State, he completed extensive clinical research involving local anesthesia and is committed to providing pain free endodontic procedures for his patients.
Dr. McEntire returned to South Carolina in 2009 to join Palmetto Endodontics and has performed thousands of endodontic procedures.
Ready to Schedule Your Appointment with Dr. McEntire?
Call Forest Drive Phone Number 803-782-7722 to Schedule Your Appointment!
- The Ohio State University: Certificate in Endodontics and Masters of Science, 2009
- The Medical University of South Carolina: DMD, 2007
- Presbyterian College: BS Biology, 2003
- Palmetto Endodontics, LLC, Columbia, SC: Endodontist (2009 – Present)
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Dental Association
- South Carolina Dental AssociationSouth Carolina Association of Endodontists
- South Carolina Association of Endodontists
- Greater Columbia Dental Association
- MUSC, College of Dental Medicine Alumni Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Alumni Association
- Spear Study Group
- Anesthetic Efficacy of 4% Articaine with 1:100,000 Epinephrine versus 4% Articaine with 1:200,000 Epinephrine as a Primary Buccal Infiltration in the Mandibular First Molar Mayes McEntire DMD, MS, John Nusstein DMD, MS, Melissa Drum DMD, MS, Al Reader DMD, MS, Mike Beck DDS, MA. Journal of Endodontics Vol. 37 Issue 4, p.450-454.
Activities & Interests
Dr. McEntire and his family reside in Lexington. When he is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, following college athletics and boating.
Ready to Schedule an Appointment?
Contact us today to get quality care from one of our Endodontists!Meet the DoctorsSchedule an AppointmentOffice Locations
I have severe anxiety about dental procedures. Dealing with office closures and scaled back operations amid the COVID 19 crises was not the time to have extreme tooth pain. Dr. McEntire did an emergency consultation and determined I needed a root canal. He and his staff were so professional and compassionate. They explained every step of the procedure and checked on my anxiety level throughout. I had never had a root canal and did not know what to expect. I am petrified of needles and pain, but the whole process was a pleasant surprise. The only discomfort I experienced was the pinch of the initial injection. I highly recommend this great group of professionals!
- Debbie B
I had recently experienced some specific tooth pain. After being diagnosed needing a root canal on 2/24 the attending dentist could not perform the procedure until 3/4, therefore referring me to Palmetto Endodontics. I was given a copy of my diagnosis, referral, and xrays and took them to Palmetto Endodontics on 2/25 and presented them to Emily. She coordinated my scheduling for this procedure with Dr.McEntire and they worked me in the same day. I am not one who looks forward to going to the dentist; however, if I had to go, especially for this procedure, this is the place. They made the entire process a very pleasant experience. My thanks go out to Dr. McEntire, Emily, and the entire staff.
- Dennis H
Having a root canal in my mind was going to be a nightmare, but my experience was A-Maze-ing I didn’t have any pain during the entire process. Maze and his staff were outstanding Thanks Maze for the unexpected pleasurable experience.
- Michael Y